Yesterday  was the third of October.  I did the Taumarumaru Recreation Reserve walk. The Taumarumaru walk is an amazing, beautiful outdoor activity to do on a sunny day. Yesterday was a bright and sunny day and my brother Lincoln has been asking us for ages if we could do this walk.

Yesterday my mum said “yes”.  My mum and I along with Lincoln decided that we would do the loop track but a third of the way though we decided to do the coastal track.

From there the path lead us down to one of the small beaches.  It was so quiet and calm and the water was sooo clear. It was still too cold to go swimming.

I like to collect sea glass that washes up on beaches. We found 150 pieces of sea glassine only in an hour. We found six white piles of glass,111 pieces of brown and 33 green. It felt like we spent ages on the little beach but then we had to head back to the car park. I think my brothers favourite part was collecting glass and walking the tracks but also going over the small bridge that was over a small ditch.

The Taumarumaru recreation reserve walk was fun and exciting and had absolutely stunning views. I would defiantly do this walk again but next time do all of the loop track , do the coastal track again and go look at the stream . I would recommend this track to anyone who wants to see amazing views see beaches that you can’t see driving by in a car.

Have you done the Taumarumaru Recreation Reserve walk?  If you do decide to do this I recommend that you wear gumboots. There is a lot of mud and mushy grass.