Today I made homemade musli bars.They are sweet, healthy, and delicious all in one bar. they are simple, easy to make and tastes delicious. I made these today because I’ve been nagging my mum if I could do baking and it was something I could make with my little sister Indy.

It also helped mum so that she could do some work around the house. Also musli bars are one of those lunch box treats the most kids always have so I thought maybe I could make my own for a snack or lunch box treat.

I’ve taken a recipe and twisted it to make my own here is the ingredients.

100 grams of butter or coconut oil melted  ( I used butter in mine).

1/2 cup of dried apricot chopped

1/2   sultanas/raisins or dried cranberries

1/2 cup of shredded or desiccated coconut

1   3/4   cups office rolled oats

1/4  cup of sun flower seeds (  optional)

1/4  cup of pumpkin seeds   ( optional )

1  cup of rice bubbles   (optional)

1 pinch of salt

You can always add chocolate chips, freeze dried blueberries or freeze dried strawberries as well.

I loved making these musli bars and my family love them.  They are so delicious and they keep for a week in an air tight container in your cupboard. You can always freeze them in snap lock bags.

I experimented with maple syrup and Manuka honey and I recommend don’t use both at the same time because there really sweet. Still a sweet delicioustreat.

Do you like baking?  Musli bars are a delicious thing to make at home in the holidays, after school or on the weekends. It is super easy and you could do it without any help.

If you would like the full recipe please let me know in the comments and I can respond with the full recipe! Have a Happy Holiday!

Have you ever made home made musli bars before ?

2 thoughts on “Sweet tooth Musli bars

1. Well done Ruby awesome job they look yummy and love the idea of adding strawberries must try with Frankie. Love the fact you added Indy to your baking fun! What about lincoln bet he just ate them!

1. yes I will definitely give you the recipe to try with Frankie. Lincoln isn’t a big fan of them because of the maple syrup but he is going to munch on the choc chip ones I’m going to make.:)